Monday, July 18, 2011

Classic Caesar Salad

Pin It
I never realized how much I use my laptop until I didn't have it. My laptop is in currently being repaired (the screen was accidentally cracked and has been in the repair shop since last week), and it's making me a little restless! How do I update my blog? Where do I upload my pictures? How do I check my email? And twitter and facebook? I'll be relieved once I have it back in my hands. But until then I don't want to leave you all high and dry! I had this recipe stored in the back of my posts folder and figured today would be a great day to break it out.

Caesar dressing is one of the most popular salad dressings, and since the weather has been sticky and humid the past few days, a refreshing salad is a perfect idea for a light lunch or dinner. I usually eat lunch in my office at work, and since I'm usually pretty busy I tend to snack on something quick or eat something I bring from home. Salads are a personal favorite since they are healthy, filling and not messy at all. You can top this with some grilled chicken or shrimp to spruce it up as well. Hope you all enjoy!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 small garlic cloves 
  • 2 anchovy fillets, minced, or ½ tsp. of anchovy paste 
  • 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Iceburg lettuce
  • Croutons

Place the garlic in a mortar with a pinch of kosher salt and use the pestle to mash it together until you have a paste. If you do not have a mortar and pestle, place the garlic and a pinch of salt on a cutting board and continue to smash the garlic with the back of a wide-bladed knife until it turns into a paste.

In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, anchovies, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the oil in a stream, whisking until the oil is completely blended in. Add the Parmesan cheese and continue to whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 

Toss with lettuce and top with croutons and extra Parmesan cheese.


Source: Adapted from Group Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)