Sunday, March 13, 2011

Parmesan Croutons

Pin It


I love croutons. I guess that's why I don't mind going on diets? Because when I'm only forcing myself to eat salads, I'll still top them with a handful of carb-loaded, delicious croutons. Does that still count? I guess not. They're by far the best part, though. I even find myself going into the pantry sometimes and sneaking handfuls of them by themselves. Weird? Maybe. Good? Definitely.

Since I love croutons so much, saying that these are the best croutons I've ever had is a very, very bold statement. But they really are.

I think the Parmesan and spice blend is perfect. Also, there is a nice crunch on the outside of each crouton, but they are still light and flaky in the inside. Not super hard like store bought croutons.

I put these on top of the tomato soup I made the other day and they were a perfect compliment. I made a huge batch of them and keep them stored in my pantry for whenever I need a salad or soup topper. They stay great for months! I hope you all enjoy!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 4 cups day old French bread, cut into cubes
  • 2 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. basil
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • Pinch of salt


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.


Combine butter, olive oil, garlic powder, basil, oregano, Parmesan cheese and salt in a bowl and mix well.  Gently pour on top of bread cubes and toss to coat.


Transfer to baking sheet and cook 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.


Cool completely and serve or store in airtight container.




Source: Adapted from Bella Online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)