Monday, April 16, 2012

Banana Bread

Pin It
We always have a ton of bananas in our house. One of my bridesmaids actually joked to us that she was going to get us a banana club membership for our wedding gift. I wouldn't be totally against it! Chris has one every morning for breakfast, so they'd definitely go. I try to buy some every time I make a trip to the grocery store and more often than not, that leaves us with some fairly ripe bananas. Since I don't want them to go to waste, I like to find new recipes to make using them.

This banana bread is unbelievably moist and has an amazing crust. The crust was actually Chris' favorite part. I think the use of sour cream helped to make the bread the texture it was. I've used sour cream when baking in the past, and whatever I'm making always turns out very moist. And you otherwise wouldn't even know it was in there. I guess it's a new trick? Enjoy!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 large bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
  • Optional add ins - 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Butter and flour a large loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans. 

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together.  Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Add in eggs, sour cream, vanilla and mashed banana until fully combined.  With mixer on low add in dry ingredients in 3 batches until just combined.  Batter will be thick.  Pour it into your prepared pan(s) and bake for 55 - 60 minutes for a large loaf pan until a toothpick comes out clean.  

Source: Adapted from The Ginger Snap Girl

1 comment:

  1. Hello I just came across your blog as I was looking for a recipe on-line. You have some wonderful looking recipes on here I can't wait to try!! Thanks for the effort you put into your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)