Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Deviled Eggs

Pin It
Lately my breakfast has been consisting of hard-boiled eggs and a side of almonds. Considering I'm a hardcore breakfast person, it doesn't really fit the bill, but it will do. Especially since hard-boiled eggs are one of my favorite healthy snacks. I usually dip them in some light mayonnaise sprinkled with pepper, so it sort of resembles egg salad. It might sound gross, but to me it's the best.

The other weekend when I was going over my parents' house, I decided last minute to bring an appetizer I could partake in. Since I've been on this low-carb kick, the usual taquitos, chips and rice balls that my mom serves weren't really going to work. These deviled eggs were a nice snack to hold me over until dinner. They're perfect for any sort of get-together, too, as long as no one minds the smell of hard-boiled eggs. Whoops. Enjoy!

Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 7 large hard-boiled eggs
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
  • Paprika
Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs; slice into halves lengthwise.
Remove yolks from whites and place in a small bowl. Mash yolks with a fork.

Add 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir mixture until creamy.

Spoon mixture into egg white halves. For a fancy presentation, spoon mixture into a zip-lock sandwich bag; seal bag and snip off one corner of the bag. Squeeze mixture out of corner of bag into egg white halves.

Sprinkle tops of filled deviled eggs with paprika.

Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours or until cold before serving.

Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)