Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Steak and Eggs

Pin It

Who doesn't like waking up to a warm, home-cooked breakfast? Once in a while I'll be super lucky Chris and will treat me to this. It's one of his specialties and it's always a treat to wake up to. And since breakfast is my favorite meal, it works out in his favor!

I'm not a huge steak girl, and having it for breakfast absolutely never crossed my mind, but when we had some leftover steak that we bought on sale Chris immediately had the idea to make Steak and Eggs. I know it's a well-known dish, but I never thought steak and eggs would go together. Especially not for breakfast. If you're like me and have never eaten this before, I suggest you do. It has slowly become one of my breakfast dishes and I guarantee the same will happen to you! And since steak can always be found on sale, it's a money saver as well!


Ingredients
  • 1 lb. sirloin steak, about 1/2-inch thick
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1-2 tbsp. 2% milk
  • Cooking spray
Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast-iron skillet medium-high heat. Once the pan begins to smoke, add the butter. Immediately add the steak and cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. Remember, the steaks will cook quickly since they are so thin and are over such high heat. Remove steaks from skillet and allow to rest for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt/pepper to taste. Heat a skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add egg mixture and let set. As the bottom of the eggs begin to cook, pull the eggs across the pan towards the center. Turn the pan so uncooked egg mixture fills the gap. Continue to do this until the eggs are cooked through all the way.

Serve steak and eggs immediately with your favorite steak sauce. Enjoy!

Source: Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)