Friday, January 6, 2012

Flatbread Pizzas

Pin It
Around Christmastime when I was trying to keep myself on a budget and had a lot of other things to take care of, I relied on one of my many go-to dinner recipes: pizza. Instead of making my own pizza dough, I was just going to make English Muffin pizzas like my mom always used to make. However, when I was in the bread aisle of the grocery store I came across these cool mini flatbreads and I just couldn't resist!

I decided to make three different varieties of pizzas: an "Everything Flatbread Pizza," a "Pesto Flatbread Pizza," and a "BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza." Variety is my friend. And I'm sure those who you are serving these to will appreciate it as well! Although it seems like a lot of ingredients, most were already on hand and it took hardly any prep work. This would also be a great appetizer for a get-together since it's so quick and easy and can be cut into small pieces. Enjoy!


Ingredients
  • 5 pieces of small flatbread
  • 1 cup pizza sauce
  • 2 cups reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 green onion, chopped
  • 1 jar canned black olives, sliced
  • 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
  • 1 cup pesto sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 small tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1-2 cups cooked chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Arrange flatbreads on two baking sheets.

For "Everything Flatbread Pizza": Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over flatbread. Sprinkle Mozzarella over the pizza sauce and top with green onions, olives and pepperoni.

For "Pesto Flatbread Pizza": Spread a thin layer of pesto sauce over flatbread. If dry, add a little olive oil on top. Sprinkle a thin layer of Mozzarella cheese and then add tomato pieces on top.

For "BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza": Combine cooked chicken with 2-3 tbsp. barbecue sauce. Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce over flatbread. Top with Mozzarella cheese and then add the coated chicken pieces and slices of red onion.

Cook flatbreads for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.  Cut each flabread into quarters. Serve immediately.

Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)