Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chicken Parmigiana

Pin It

Chicken Parmigiana. An Italian classic and one of my favorites at that. Albeit it might not be one of the healthiest things in the world, but it sure is one of the tastiest.

I served this when we had Chris' family over for dinner and I'm glad I did. I didn't want something that took a lot of time because I wanted to be able to enjoy our company. Since I made my homemade marinara sauce that morning, it was ready to go by the time I had to make the cutlets. I breaded them beforehand and stored them in the refrigerator in between sheets of plastic wrap. About 15 minutes before our company arrived, I began browning the chicken so that when they got there all I had to do was put it in the pan, pile on the sauce and cheese and pop it in the oven. This really is a perfect dinner to make when expecting guests! Enjoy!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1-1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • Canola or vegetable oil
  • 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Pound cutlets until 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.

Mix flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in shallow plate. In separate plate, whisk eggs. Put breadcrumbs in a separate plate. Dip each cutlet in flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs, allowing excess to drip off in between each plate.

Heat 1 tbsp. canola oil over medium-low heat. Cook breasts on each side until brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce until hot. Coat the bottom of the pan with marinara sauce. Lay the chicken pieces on top and cover each piece with a generous amount of marinara sauce.  Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. 

Cook in the oven for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through and cheese is melted. Serve hot with pasta.

Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)