Friday, January 13, 2012

Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower

Pin It
 
Everyone loves potatoes. Mashed, loaded, baked, fried, salad...there's something for everyone. And everything they're in is so, so good. But the carbs. My goodness, the carbs. Those little suckers will get ya.

Not to worry! If you're like me and are getting married in a few months and are trying to cut back on those cruel things (or if you're just trying to eat healthier/lose some pounds), I've got the solution for you. Now, I'm not going to lie. Obviously these aren't going to taste exactly like classic mashed potatoes. They aren't made of potatoes, so they just won't. But I really think they are the closest thing you'll get to it.

I made these low-carb so I didn't want to add a lot of butter or cream like traditional mashed potatoes, but I still wanted them to taste as close to them as possible. I added the usual ingredients like salt, pepper and garlic. But the trick was the Laughing Cow Cheese slices. These little slices are crazy. They're packed with so much flavor, come in a bazillion flavors and the light ones have only 35 calories per slice!! Plus they completely alter the taste of something bland like mashed cauliflower. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did! They're perfect for your 2012 diet!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1 (20 oz.) package frozen cauliflower
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
  • 1-2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese Light, Creamy Swiss flavor (or whatever you prefer)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
  • Herbs such as parsley, optional

Heat water in a large saucepan. Put frozen cauliflower in the pan and heat to boiling. Once boiling, cover and lower the heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.


Drain cauliflower and put in a food processor. Add garlic, salt, pepper and 1-2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese (depending on your preference). Pulse until combined. 


Slowly drizzle in a small amount of olive oil until the cauliflower becomes the texture of mashed potatoes. Spoon into a bowl and top with herbs.


Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)