Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Pin It


Happy Halloween!!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday! I can't wait to hand out candy to all the little kiddies for the first time in the new house. I hope there are some original costumes this year. I love the princesses and superheroes and witches...but I'd looove to see someone dressed up as Lady Gaga. Or a Minion from Despicable Me! You know those little yellow things? That would be the best!

Anyways, hope you all stay safe and enjoy the holiday. Oh, and maybe enjoy some delicious pumpkin bread while you're at it :)


Printable Recipe

Ingredients

  • 3 1/3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 2/3 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 (15-16 oz. can) 2 cups pumpkin
  • 2/3 cup water 

Heat oven to 350. Grease 2 9x5x3 loaf pans. (I use mini loaf pans and just adjust cooking time). Blend flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.

Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, pumpkin & water. Mix well.

Blend in dry ingredients until mixture is smooth. Divide batter evenly. Bake 60-75 minutes or until tests done. Cool completely before serving.


Source: Old recipe from my recipe binder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)