Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Guest Post: Chris' Pasta Salad

Pin It
Hi everybody. This is Chris and I’ll be guest blogging today about my pasta salad. As Amy has mentioned time and time again on her blog, I love to eat. Just as important, though, is how much I love the feeling of grilling for a bunch of people. Since Amy and I love to host parties and have people over, I’ve found myself manning the grill on many occasions.
While I’m on the grill, Amy is usually in charge of making all the side dishes. All the sides, except one. My pasta salad is extremely easy to make and a real crowd pleaser. Recently Amy also suggested we add double the amount of Provolone cheese and Genoa salami and that has put it over the top. Now it’s being requested as a staple at our get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it!
Cut the salami and cheese so they are about the same size as the sliced olives.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


Ingredients

  • 1 (16 oz.) box tri-colored spiral pasta
  • 2 (1/4-inch thick) slices Provolone cheese, chopped
  • 2 (1/4-inch thick) slices Genoa salami, chopped
  • 1 (2.25 oz.) jar sliced black olives, drained
  • 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing, plus more to taste
  • Parmesan cheese, to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain and rinse with cold water. 

In a large bowl, add the pasta, Provolone cheese, Genoa salami and olives. Top with 1/2 cup Italian dressing. Stir well. Add more Italian dressing as needed.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

Source: Chris Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)