Monday, August 1, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Pin It

Whoever said "You learn something new every day" is a genius. For example, I had no idea that I liked Brussels sprouts. I guess I've never really given them a chance, but I lived by the stigma that they just aren't good. Just like everyone believes Fruit Cake at Christmastime isn't good. You never know unless you give them a chance!

But one thing is for sure. I absolutely positively had no stinkin' idea that Chris liked them! Total shocker. He's not a picky eater, but he can be sort of selective about the vegetables he eats. But Brussels sprouts? I'm not going to argue there. If he'll eat it, I'll take it.

Roasting these little guys gives them a little crunch on the outside, but they remain soft and moist inside. The salt and pepper really brings out the flavor, too. It kind of resembles the saltiness you would find on a french fry.  These are definitely one of my new favorite side dishes. If you think you don't like Brussels sprouts, give these a try and hopefully they'll change your opinion of them!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the ends of each Brussels sprout and remove any discolored leaves. Combine them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.

Pour the Brussels sprouts into a roasting pan or sheet pan and cook for about 30 minutes, or until they are crispy on the outside and tender inside. Shake the pan every few minutes so they cook evenly.

Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)