Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tortellini Pasta Salad

Pin It

One thing for certain is that I don't like my food plain. I like "stuff" in it. For example, I like salads with croutons, cheese, banana peppers, red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and if there's room, some lettuce. I love my pizza with onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, pepperoni and topped with Parmesan cheese. And I love my pasta salad with everything but the kitchen sink.

This has got to be one of my favorite pasta salad recipes of all time (besides the one Chris makes--but that's a different post for a different time). My mom made it up and I just think the flavor combination is the best thing ever. I normally don't like Ranch dressing on my pasta salads, but the coating on this particular one is very light since there are so many other components to add flavor. I usually don't really stick to the recipe and add much more "stuff" than it calls for, but that's alright. "Stuff" is good. Enjoy!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 (19 oz.) package five-cheese tortellini
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1 (2.25 oz.) can black olives, sliced
  • 1/2 cup pre-cut pepperoni slices, quartered
  • 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
  • 3/4 cup light Ranch dressing (can use more or less)
Cook tortellini as directed on package. Allow to cool.

Cut tomatoes in half and deseed them. Drain olives. Add tomatoes, olives, pepperoni slices, red onion, basil and feta to the tortellini. Combine. Add the Ranch dressing, a little at a time, until the pasta salad reaches your desired consistency. Allow to chill for 2 hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)