Monday, July 4, 2011

Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic

Pin It

Happy Independence Day!! My favorite side dish, hands down, is asparagus. It's so quick and easy to make, but at the same time filling and delicious. You can spice this up with a number of combinations, but my favorite is simply some lemon juice, garlic powder and olive oil. I roast them until they are just tender. And then I consume them. The whole thing. No seriously...like the whole pound. I could do it easily if I didn't have to share. The're just so stinkin' good. This is easily my favorite fallback for when I don't know what side to make with dinner. And it's green, so that's okay. Enjoy these today while celebrating our amazing country and our freedom!




Ingredients

  • 1 lb. (1 bunch) asparagus
  • 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 lemon, juiced

Preaheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Break off the ends of each asparagus stem (about 1-2 inches from the bottom) and discard.

Place asparagus in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice over top of the asparagus and toss well to coat.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until tender. Serve immediately.


Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)