Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

Pin It
Long gone are the days where I can spend a couple hours after work putting together an elaborate and delectable meal (at least for now). Easy to throw together dinners are slowly becoming a staple in my kitchen. These days my evenings are full of wedding vendor appointments, and when I don't have that I'm trying to squeeze in time with friends/family, some sort of work out, and quality time with Chris. On top of all this, Chris plays basketball a few evenings per week so our time together gets more and more scarce. Quick dinners are a necessity, and I'm now realizing they can still be as fun and delicious as a more intricate meal!

The other week when Chris had to run off to a basketball game shortly after work, I wanted to make sure he had something in his stomach before he left but I only had about 20 minutes to do so. We usually have some chicken on hand and I keep frozen vegetables stored in the freezer, so the meal was a no brainer. I just combined all my favorite flavors including sesame oil, garlic powder and soy sauce, and it blended together beautifully. Plus it was all ready in under 15 minutes. Put it on top of rice and you've got more than half of the food pyramid covered. Enjoy!

Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp. pure sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (such as carrots, string beans, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)
  • 1 cup rice, cooked

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until done, about 5-7 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, water, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic and cornstarch in a bowl. After chicken is done cooking, add mixture to the pan.

Add the frozen mixed vegetables and cover. Cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice.


Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)