Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Pin It


I'm a lover of sweet potatoes. Even more so than regular potatoes. Baking them brings out the sweetness, but they're low-fat at the same time. Delicious and healthy in one? I'll take it. 

I recently bought some sweet potatoes on sale and I decided to make some fries. I prefer to keep them simple, but there are a ton of seasonings you can use on these besides just salt and pepper. Pumpkin spice is perfect for the holidays. Cayenne makes them a little spicy. But one treat I found is to dust them with powdered sugar. Kids are sure to eat them!

I personally like dipping them in light mayonnaise. Oh, is that weird? Yea, sorry about that. You can stick to ketchup or other normal stuff, I guess. If you're feeling a little rebellious, just try the mayonnaise thing. I promise it's good!


Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Grease baking sheet and set aside.

Peel sweet potatoes and place on cutting board.  Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch strips. Place in large bowl and toss with oil, just enough to lightly coat.  Toss in seasonings of your choice and salt and pepper to taste. Add any other seasoning of your choice.

Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer and cook for 25 minutes, flipping occasionally. Serve immediately.

Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)