Monday, May 30, 2011

Cucumber and Dill Salad

Pin It

Oh wow. This little salad is delightful. I usually just snack on cucumber slices with a little garlic powder, but I decided I should switch it up for once. One thing I learned after starting this blog is that you can't really post something like "Cucumbers and Garlic Powder" and call it a recipe. So I'm sprucing it up just for you all. Because I love ya.

This simple dressing is so refreshing and tasty! Although it's no garlic powder, the vinegar and sugar combo sure is a great accompaniment. I think this will be my new cucumber go-to from now on. I'm sure all the people that I talk to face-to-face will appreciate that. Garlic breath isn't really the best smelling thing.

This would be perfect for a summer bbq or potluck, so I hope you all are able to enjoy this Memorial Day with food, friends and appreciation for all those who served/are serving our country. Enjoy!


Printable Version

Ingredients


  • 3 large cucumbers cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp. dried dill


Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water, sugar and dill in a small bowl. Mix with cucumbers and onions. 


Allow to marinate for at least one hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.


Source: Adapted from All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)