Monday, February 28, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Pin It

I don't think there's any other combination on this beautiful earth that I enjoy more than salty and sweet. Add peanut butter to the mix and it's a done deal. 

After saying that, I must warn you. These are highly addictive. If you're still going strong on your New Year's resolution and staying away from foods that are bad for you, you can still have one or two of these to curb your craving and not feel too guilty. But after you have one you will have two. Then two will turn to five. And then you'll be blaming me. But it's okay...I'll go ahead and take the blame. These are so worth it!!



Printable Recipe

Ingredients

  • 80 pretzel snaps
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark or a combination)

Line a baking sheet with wax paper. 


Beat peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until creamy and smooth.  Roll into 1/2-inch balls and place in the center of each pretzel bite. Top with another pretzel bite. Once all pretzel bites are formed, place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.


Meanwhile, prepare a double boiler. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Place chocolate in a stainless steel or glass bowl that can fit snug on the saucepan. Put the bowl of chocolate on top of the saucepan with boiling water. Once you see the chocolate starting to melt, begin to stir. Lightly stir until the chocolate is melted all the way. Continue to stir periodically so it does not get clumpy.


Remove pretzels from freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate. Be sure to mix the chocolate after every few dips so it doesn't get clumpy.  Place each chocolate covered pretzel onto the lined baking sheet. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.


Source: SK Original

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I buy the Snyder brand all the time and there are like 10 in the bag!!! Now I can make my own :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh -- I was going to comment on your beautiful pasta dish, but then I saw these! Everything I love in one bite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pretzel bites are perfection. I just made them today but I had a seriously hard time rolling them into balls. The peanut butter mixture is very soft even after refrigerating for 30 minutes. It was a sticky mess, delicious but a sticky mess!
    Sorry for the anonymous, I don't know how to post any other way.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)